Friday, July 8, 2011

Oh how I miss the days...

...of going to a club, seeing a band play and watching every dumb ass overly generic, semi chubby chick swoon when the first couple of familiar notes to this song rang out. And I though to myself "Formula is perfect. Pleasing guitar tone, easy tempo, smooth melody. This is it, this is what I need to try and do. Write a ballad."

It wasn't an easy decision to come to. I mean especially after really piecing apart the words to get to the underlying message:

"Honey why are you calling me so late?"-Confusion. He's comfortable enough to call her honey but, caught of  guard by the hour she has decided to reach him.

"It's kinda hard to talk right now"-Odd, for a man who is concerned with the late night call. What could he possibly be doing?

"Honey why are you crying, is everything okay?"-Alarm. She is obviously upset. Maybe due to his rigorous touring schedule she missed her 4:45pm call right before show time and she felt like hearing his voice would get her through the night...what a great guy.

"I gotta whisper ?cause I can't be too loud"-Can this man get any sweeter?? He is concerned he might wake his roady who is only know by people as Mad Dawg, from his drug induced coma... thoughtful!!

"Well, my girl's in the next room"-.....



....HOLY CRAP HE'S BANGING 2 CHICKS AND ONE OF THEM DOESN'T KNOW IT!!!!



As I learned that this man was no saint and certainly no type of a role model I looked around the smoke filled bar and saw every chick in the place swooning and swaying as if they were thinking "When can I find a guy like that? He's so sensitive."

Again I say DUMB ASSES!!

This song is terrible, people that like this song are terrible, chicks that wave their cell phones at cover bands that play this song are terrible and the only thing that is worse than being  Nickelback is trying to be Nickelback. Hinder, I hate you.

I would like this song to be shot, dragged a quarter mile and then stuffed in a box tagged for Abu Dhabi without a return address never to be heard again. 

-Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment