Sunday, July 3, 2011

Who Gives A Hoot?

Owl City that is who. more specifically the song writer and performer  Adam Young  The steaming pile of diarrhea and focal point of this contribution is a little pile of word vomit known as Fireflies. There is not one song or video I think I hate more in the history of music and music videos..  I hate the lyrics, the synthesizer use, and that stupid whiny mo-fo's voice.  More than anything, I hate  people that proclaim this their favorite song.  To which i silently respond WHAT THE FUCK!? 
Let us start with an examination of some of these fine lyrics.
"You would not believe your eyes
If ten million fireflies (WTF?)
Lit up the world as I fell asleep
Cause they'd fill the open air
And leave tear drops everywhere (Not sure..)
You'd think me rude but I would just stand and
Stare" (Who would fucking?)
This Horrifying sight is what 10 MILLION FIREFLIES MIGHT LOOK LIKE 
If i looked out my fucking window and saw this I would shit my fucking pants!

But, I digress
Lets continue.
Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs (Not hugs from all of them)
As they tried to teach my how to dance
A foxtrot above my head
A sock-hop beneath my bed ( I was not aware that insects danced)
The disco ball is just hanging by a thread 

I am aware that our friend Adam wrote this song as he was trying to fall asleep one night, but it really seems like something my four year old nephew came up with .  You know one of those little kid, sitting in the tub songs we have all made up from time to time.  This song was also supposed to bring back he Synthesizer Pop movement. ( I guess Ke$ha is allegedly doing this too?)
Synth Pop is a funny things, here is a much better example of it.  Ok the lyrics aren't the best.  This song is classic!!

Lets make a comparison with "FireFlies"
Starts out with the crappy little music box beat, then this douche bag at the organ, clicks a button labeled  "magic" Oh good, maybe the song will stop now?! No.  This is just the beginning. Magic seems to mean all your lamps come on and toys come to life which reminds me of a horrible childhood memory.
(maybe this is why I hate the video so much)

The music video continues on in this fashion whiny voice guy + plus 1977 bed room + creepy toys wondering about = Horrible.  OH YEAH did I mention not one damn firefly int the whole production.  

I think this guy "Making himself believe that planet earth turns slowly" makes the song last longer. It just gets under my skin, until I feel compelled to comment on it ( Who put this on? lol).  Not once but twice has this comment been met with " THIS IS MY FAVORITE SONG."  
Which just makes me want to scream WHY?! OUT OF ALL THE INFINITE AMOUNTS OF MUSIC OUT THERE.  AMAZING SONGS! WHY IS THIS THE ONE THAT DOES IT FOR YOU!?
My conclusion, probably brain dead.  That is what I am sticking to.  So farewell creepy fireflies song and guy. (Why does he have so many fucking toys anyway?)  Abu Dhabi, I apologize again for this horrible fucking disgrace of a song!!!
----Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment