Sunday, May 29, 2011

In Honor of Memorial Day

I would first like to thank those who gave their lives and those who are fought and are fighting for our great nation. Both of my late Grandfathers fought in WWII and my Dad served in the National Guard, I have nothing but the utmost respect for soldiers, and their families. This post is by no means to be Anti-American or Anti-Troops, it's truly based on the awfulness of these songs!

However, I must add this song to the box. Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (Angry American) by Toby Keith is, to me, the manifestation of redneck.

Now, don't get me wrong, when this song came out after 9/11 - I loved it. In fact, the lyrics were posted on my bedroom wall and I knew all the words. However, I was horribly misguided. 

I sat here, for almost 20 minutes, trying to figure out how to put into words just how bad this song is and why.










I couldn't. It's just bad. It's almost as bad as another country song... Have you Forgotten? by Darryl Worley.



I would like to start off this portion of my post as saying - No, I haven't forgotten. I'm reminded almost everyday and for over 72 hours during the week leading up to the anniversary. Further more, it doesn't make me a bad American to not remember it everyday, it makes me an American that hasn't let the terrorists change me.

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment