Monday, May 16, 2011

It's Been A While...


It’s been a while since I’ve put a song in the Box to Abu Dhabi.
It’s been a while since I thought about this song.
It’s been a while since anyone played a baritone guitar.
It’s been a while since I’ve listened to such bad music.

Everything I can’t remember, it’s just as bad as it may seem.
Consequences as I’m listening, I stretched my ears beyond my means.

It’s been a while since this guy could think of new lyrics.
It’s been a while since this band was any good.
It’s been a while since I understood what is happening in the video.
It’s been a while since I wish this song were never written.

Everyone is talking about my, my sweet tribal tattoos.
I like to stare into sinks, while I smoke cigarettes and drink booze.

Why must this song be made?
Just make this go away.
Just one more peaceful day.

It’s been a while since I said I hate this song.
It’s been a while since eyebrow piercings were cool.
It’s been a while since electricity was discovered.
It’s been a while that I’ve been writing “It’s been a while.”

I cannot blame this on the drummer, he didn’t write the words.
I cannot blame this on the bassist, he just did what he was told.

It’s been a while since this song started.
It’s been a while since I wished the candles would burn down this set.

-Todd

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete