Friday, February 17, 2012

Allow myself to introduce...myself.

In the wrestling business, there's a locker room custom that states that you are to introduce yourself to everyone that you do not know in said locker room. Without getting into too much detail, not doing this is a giant breach of etiquette, and I've seen instances where people have been singled out for not following this tradition and embarassed to the point that they never returned to the promotion. Hell, WWE even made a gimmick out of it at one point.


That said, you only have to introduce yourself when you're meeting someone for the first time. After that, it's perfectly acceptable to just say hello and continue along.

This brings me to tonight's post, based on someone who just doesn't get that idea.


Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to Jason Derulo.  Actually, I take that back - our new friend Jason does a pretty good job of doing that himself.




I'm surprised - I actually thought there were a lot more than three examples when I started writing this post. That's not important, though, as introducing yourself to an audience three times is really more than enough. I mean, really, we got it the first time. The second time? Sure, that doesn't hurt, just to be safe, but that's starting to border on unnecessary. Introducing yourself a third time, though? Now that's just too much. We get it - we know your name, Jason (if I may call you that - I mean, after three introductions, we should really be on a first name basis, as now we're practically best friends). That's not even a creative gimmick to have. All it does is get a horribly autotuned version of some guy's name stuck in your head for what feels like an eternity.

Oh, and did I mention how his music completely sucks? It's as run-of-the-mill as it can possibly be. I've heard more inspired music on episodes of Phineas and Ferb.


In reality, that was an excuse to post a video from Phineas and Ferb (like a 30 year old guy needs one of those!), but seriously - this stuff is FAR more sophisticated that "you're my it girl/baby you're the shit girl." With lines like that, I bet he has to fight the ladies off with a stick!

Or maybe because he has songs on the radio. Yeah, that's more likely.

There's plenty of new people to introduce yourself to in Abu Dhabi, Jason Derulo (said in autotuned tones). Please, go meet them. Leave us all alone.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment