Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Repetition and a creepy fat guy.

Alrighty then. Box to Abu Dhabi. Keeping the consecutive one post a day extravaganza posts going on this wonderful blog. Well it's ole Kev's turn to ship something out. And I got one that I'm looking to pick apart. One deserves a "dishonorable mention" before we move on here. A band that barely missed being the subject of a verbal annihilation was pretty much anything by the band O.A.R. Consider yourselves very lucky gentleman. You've been on my shit list since I've heard of your band, and oh I promise you, your college toolbag, hippie wannabe, jam band antics will feel my wrath one day soon enough, mark my words! Screw you guys. I'm sure your "crazy game of poker" consisted of chai mocha lattes with extra cream and someone taking off their shirt. Yea, fun. Bite me. Anyway, on to the roasting at hand. In the vein of O.A.R, comes a band that has been around a lot longer and had taken almost the same music stylings and has given people headaches other than your average "free spirited" tie-dye wearing turds in their early 20's that lack any good taste in music. Well, for video.most part. Let me remind friends I know that are "not of my genre of music liking" that this is not an attack on you, but I along with many others can not stand this guy or his wobbly ass feet. I'm talking about The Dave Matthews Band. They have many "hits" and have debuted on the charts with their album as you remember "Under the Table and Dreaming." Dreaming is far from what I have done when I heard these songs. More like musical nightmares that haunt me beyond the sleeping world. I mean we're talking about a guy while on tour, his tour bus dropped piles and piles and shit off a bridge, only to have it land on people on a boat under the bridge. Well it seems they've always been good at dropping shit in music video form in this little diddy they call "Everyday." I'm going to give you, the reader, a heads up, I tried to follow this video as much as I could and I'll try to break it down for you as I saw it.

Here we go. Observe.


Well, that was stupid. Video opens. Oh look it's a guy who looks exactly like the fat dude who was in that "Balls Of Fury" Movie that was not funny and stole roughly an hour and a half of my life I will not get back. So I already hate this fucking video. Seems that he has some pictures on his wall that are of other families and friends that are definitely not his, which already makes this guy a certified creeper. We also see here he's going with his "white trash with a hipster edge" look today as he straps those shoes on his feet and ready to steal everyone's oxygen out on the city streets. He appears to be offering..hugs? Wow, don't you ladies still wear those safety whistles because of guys like this? You should because it's obvious he's looking to cop a feel.Guys and girls alone denying this goof. Come one bro, these people have things to do and they don't involve hugging your smelly ass. Even pestering the poor garbage man. Wait, what is he a garbage man? What was that white thing that guy was driving? Not important, or my point. Moving on. We come across an old couple. Old man Jeb wants nothing to do with mongoloid boy here, but it seems Ethel decides to give this poor sucker a hug. I assure you she'll hear about it when they get to their black coffee and fish sandwich social down at the local Burger King.People are starting to hug him more now so I'm assuming at this point the creep's got a raging boner. Gross. Rubbing up on grandma at the street corner that wants no part of it, yep there it is. By this time the police should have been on the scene to remove this man. He's out of control. Doesn't this guy have somewhere to go? Alright, we got some angry white males to give him a reality check with a little push and shove of discontent. Meanwhile, I haven't mentioned yet this song is awful? Dave Matthews belting out those notes in the key of "skinning a cat". It's so boring. We get it "Every day. Every day. All you need is love. Every day." We get the them Dave, stop ramming it down our throats their chief. Now the man's in a news station hugging the cast. Looks like the the weatherman has a forecast for us Bob. Cloudy with a chance of weirdo touching everyone at central park today. Better bring a coat and a tazer just in case. At 2:15 in the video, come on man! The boys are trying to play some basketball man, get off the fucking court! Good job I bet that dude missed a block from an easy lay up from the other team. Fail. Okay at this point I can't stand the repetition of the idea of this video. Hug, hug, hug everybody. Now he's in a classroom. Who lets this guy on school grounds? Someone needs to bring this up at the next PTA meeting. Now he walks in on the band jamming out. We see the man that has made this unbearable video and song possible, good old Dave himself. I shake my head in disgust at this point. Hey violin player, nice leather vest bro. Dave Matthews continues to make eerie faces at someone off camera. Save it for the bedroom buddy. At least we don't see him doing any seizure dances with his legs. Okay so I found one good thing about this video, big deal. Not redeemable enough obviously.Now we got a hug fest. Hug a firefighter, hug a horse, sure! Whatever it takes to put an end to this insanity.Hugging the Blue Man Group, wow come on guys enough is enough. The end shows creeper hitting the sack. That's it all in a nutshell. I'll do a quick pre-determined Q&A for you 1.) Am I not a DMB fan by any stretch of the imagination? The proof is in the pudding my friends. 2.) Did a drink a little haterade today? Yes but only during this video. Big tall glass too, fruit punch flavor. Delicious. 3.) Are you sure you want to send Dave Matthews to Abu Dhabi? Had every intention to way before I even sat down to write this blog. "Crash Into Me" Dave? No I won't just the music store that carries an over abundance of your albums so they don't get played again. There you go. Pack it, stamp it, ship it. Peace out. Hope you enjoyed my rant.
Cheers

-Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment