Friday, February 24, 2012

One, Two Straight in the Kisser!


Hello faithful readers! I bring to you my latest shipment to Abu Dhabi – Chris Brown; the woman beating, lip-synching, arrogant bastard extraordinaire.


As, I’m assuming all of you know, Chris Brown is a R&B artist that is most notably known for his dancing abilities, his singing abilities and his face bashing abilities. He has had such memorable songs as “Run It”, “Kiss, Kiss” and “No Air”. All of which are heavily auto tuned, produced and show little to his actual music abilities. I will give Chris credit for his dancing abilities, he is by far one of the most talented dancers I’ve ever seen – and I’ve seen the Jabbawokeez live and in person.

The main reason I feel that Mr. Brown should be sent to Abu Dhabi stems from his 2008 domestic abuse case in which (for lack of a better term) beat Rhianna’s face in. As far as my knowledge, Chris has never fully accepted responsibility for his actions other than releasing a statement immediately following the incident and releasing a YouTube video apologizing. The statement read “Words cannot express how sorry and saddened I am over what happened.”

First of all, your publicist dream team probably wrote your statement and you probably didn’t even proof read it. Second of all, A YOUTUBE VIDEO!?  That’s about as meaningful as sending a VHS to apologize in 1995. Man up and apologize live, not in front of a flip cam reading what someone else wrote for you to say.

After I wrote this, I discovered that Mr. Brown did go on Larry King and apologize and made a bunch of excuses about his childhood being abusive.  As a professional, I do know that if you are abused as a child you are more likely to repeat the action later in life – however, it doesn’t make it okay.

Let’s fast forward from 2009 to 2011 during an interview were the assault was brought up to Mr. Brown. He stormed off stage, trashed a dressing room and broke a window.  Well, that’s showing you’ve learned to deal with your anger issues. People are going to question you on this for the rest of your career – get used to it.

Personally, in my world, there is no excuse for beating a person (man or woman) to the point that they require hospitalization. It’s one of the most inexcusable acts a person can commit and when it is committed against a person you supposedly love – its past inexcusable, it’s downright disgusting. I cannot image becoming a fan of this man after this all transpired, it’s basically supporting domestic violence.

As One Republic would say, "It's too late to 'pologize". 

-Ashley

**The views expressed in this post are the views of the author (and all sensible human beings**

No comments:

Post a Comment