Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Viking Funeral of sorts.

This past summer.  Here is a synopsis of the Facebook status updates I saw.
"Bored"
"Sick"
"Misc Dirty Laundry Airing"
"Pregnant!"
" ...Well That's  alright because I love the way you lie"
" Just gonna stand there and watch me burn"
"Guess that's why they call it window pain"

statuses with lyrics from " Can we pretend that Airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars... I could really use a wish right now" , "Love the Way You Lie", "Hey Soul Sister", & "Fireflies" (already in the box thank god). way overdone.

I don;t mind the earlier ones, minus the dirty laundry airing.  Which on occasion can be fun.  What I do mind is the last 3.  Quotes from Eminem's "Love the Way you Lie" Featuring Rihanna.
The song in and of itself is not bad.  It is kind of good, in a sad, disturbing kind of way.  Has a good hook, tragic content, decent video.
You may be asking why is it going in the box then?
Well because frankly I got so burnt out of it due to the endless status updates.  The rest of those song status updates were equally annoying but, the frequency was beyond compare.
Wait Ang, maybe it's the people you know...
Imagine my surprise, while logged on my husband's Facebook and saw the same status sprinkled all about.

Here is the vidya for anyone who hasn't been privy to this song.

I was once, and I guess sort of still am a pretty big fan of Eminem, and it has been no secret that he has a very volatile relationship with Kim, his wife, fiancee, girlfriend, murder victim, whore, love of his life,baby mama,  etc.  Its sick and its sad, but it has been documented in a ton of his songs.  In any case this song tells the story of a terrible relationship, with abuse, but not wanting to let go on both ends.  When its great its amazing and when its bad, its violent and awful.
My problem is people thinking because their boyfriend left the seat up this was a reason to make " Just gonna stand there and watch me burn" and update, nor is your husband staying out to late , as in said he would be home at 8pm but arrives at 815pm and says it was traffic merit "love the way you lie"
These people are fucking stupid. Truthfully I deleted most of these people because their updates in general were stupid, but these types of updates just put me over the edge.  So because of this I now have to put a song I like into the box and send it away to prevent people from annoying me with it. So take it away before I change my mind Abu Dhabi, hopefully you can use it more responsibly.  I'll send it to you on a raft set blaze, watching it burn as it floats off in the distance. :)
-Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment