Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Love Song of Epic Disaster


I know most of us are trying to leave the memory of the boy bands of the late ninety's behind. And I guess I was actually doing a pretty good job because when I stumbled across the musical disaster that I am going to present to you today, I did not remember Brian McFadden or that he was part of the Irish boy band Westlife. Quite honestly, I didn't remember Westlife. 


No big deal though because we won't have time to even discuss his previous crimes against music. We will have enough to discuss with just this one song. What song am I preparing to send off to Abu Dhabi today?

Brian McFadden "Just The Way You Are (Drunk At The Bar)"


I guess we can start with the awfully confusing mix of backwoods banjo and disco club beats. Who thought that was a money making idea? Not only does the combination not make any sense… it DOES NOT sound good. 

Next up for inspection are the lyrics. Brian claims that he wrote this song for his at the time fiancé. I sure hope she was flattered and her reason for leaving him wasn't over his romantic gesture. However the chorus, "I like you just the way you are, drunk and dancing at the bar, I can't wait to take you home so I can do some damage", sounds more like a plan for date rape than anything else. And as far as I am concerned Sublime wrote the only song about date rape that needs to be written.

So off to Abu Dhabi with Brian McFadden and his warped sense of romance and music!

-Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment