Friday, February 3, 2012

I miss when nerdy wasn't "in"

A few years back, I saw the musical "Spring Awakening" in its original run. The talent of all of these young actors and singers really blew me away. I always hope that people with this kind significant ability are successful in their own right, but stay true to their craft. Unfortunately, our leading lady that night, Lea Michele, did not do that.

A few years later, I was told that I "MUST" watch "Glee." I have seen bits and pieces, and really can't stand it for quite a few reasons. 1) I was in a Glee Club once, and no one cared about anything we did, let alone thought we were cool for it. 2) They cover songs that suck and somehow make them equally as sucky. I wish the cast of "Glee" would stop making music and get cancelled, but unfortunately, the music cover show is popular among people of all ages. Because the majority of the people out there would rather watch someone like Lea Michele sing Katy Perry tunes instead of something like this.

Abu Dahbi, please take this group of 30 year old teenagers and keep them forever.

-Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment